Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_F
Contributor
Contributor

Use tOracleBulkExec to connect to Oracle using SSL/TCPS

I am trying to create a database connection and then use tOracleBulkExec to load data into a table.

I can successfully create a shared db connection and execute queries against the database using TCPS connection by specifying custom JDBC URL and providing the database certificate within the cacerts and passing additional Java options to the component.

However, when I try the same thing using BulkLoad component, it seems to fail connecting and is expecting an Oracle Wallet file. I don’t want to provide oracle wallet and want to use Java and cacerts.

Any idea how to make this component work using cacerts or some workaround?

Labels (5)
4 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

HI, maybe you can use tSetKeystore component, wich will load cacerts.

Send me LOve and Kudos

Steve_F
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, I already have tSetKeystore component and already have tOracleDBConnection components working fine. But when I try to reuse this connection on tOracleBulkLoad component, it does not work.

gjeremy1617088143

how you reuse the connection, do you specify the connection component in your tBulkLoad ?

Steve_F
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Like this:

0695b00000G4lZtAAJ.png 0695b00000G4la8AAB.pngI managed to get it working by creating Oracle cwallet.sso and setting up sqlldr to point to it, but I would have liked to avoid this. I thought Talend would be using some internal methods to bulk data load rather than rely on SQL loader. Let me know if you think you can make SQL Loader work without providing cwallet.sso for TCPS connection.