Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriel-spiteri
Contributor
Contributor

User defined function / routines getting compiliation error

Hi

I have created a custom routine which has worked fine. I am trying to add another one and I m getting a compiliation error but I am note sure why.

0695b00000GhcHtAAJ.png

0695b00000GhcI3AAJ.png

The extractProductFromLeadOrderID function works great, but the normalizeDeviceType stats giving a compiliation error as soon as add that Integer parameter. Also if I hard code a numeric value in the expression like so : MatomoRoutines.normalizeDeviceType(5) ... then it works fine too. So it must be something with data type of view.device. 

Not sure what I'm missing.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Gabriel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gjeremy1617088143

HI @Gabriel Spiteri Mercieca​ , don't refer to the expression test, sometimes it's buggy, just try it on your job normally it will work.

If you have compilation error when you run it just ensure view-device is an Integer.

Send me Love and Kudos

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

HI @Gabriel Spiteri Mercieca​ , don't refer to the expression test, sometimes it's buggy, just try it on your job normally it will work.

If you have compilation error when you run it just ensure view-device is an Integer.

Send me Love and Kudos

gabriel-spiteri
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yeah thanks function worked fine in the job run. Thanks

gjeremy1617088143

Could you select my answer as the best to close the post.

Send me Love and Kudos