Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbytalend
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using tContextLoad for input tDBConnection but can not get Table Name

Hi everyone!

Recently I tried to use tFileInputDelimited (csv) combined with tContextLoad for giving input to tDBConnection.

Everything was fine, except when I tried to look for the table name (clicking three dots on the right side of the "Table Name" field):

0695b00000cfTwrAAE.jpgSadly, it thrown an error: Database connection is failed. (button 1) Set parameters and continue (button 2) Cancel (button 3) Details >>

0695b00000cfTx6AAE.jpgAnd when I click "Set parameters and continue" it show like this (looks like nothing wrong, except red area on the bottom field) :

0695b00000cfTw9AAE.jpg So, after tried several ways that not working, I change to look the "Table Name" from Metadata ==> Db Connections.

Please kindly help me, what's wrong with my job?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tContextLoad is run at runtime. At design time, you will need to be able to connect to your database in order to do things like seek tables. While building your job, it is best to hardcode your connection params. When you are ready to start running, then switch back to the tContextLoad.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tContextLoad is run at runtime. At design time, you will need to be able to connect to your database in order to do things like seek tables. While building your job, it is best to hardcode your connection params. When you are ready to start running, then switch back to the tContextLoad.

sbytalend
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot @Richard Hall​ ! I've just realized that when I building my job, tContextLoad isn't running, so that's prevent from taking the values for the configuration needed by tDBConfig..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a problem. Glad to help