Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slim025
Contributor
Contributor

Using tRestClient with PUT method

Hello Evryone,

Could someone give me an example of using tRestClient with the PUT method please?

I would like to replace a SOAP call (tWebServiceInput) with a REST call (tRestClient).

I am using XML files.

Thanking you in advance,

Best regards,

Labels (6)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For a soap Web service call, you can use tSoap or tWebserviceinput/tWebservie components, tRestClient is used to call a RESTful Web service.

Can you please describe your requirement with more details?

Regards

Shong

slim025
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello shong,

Thank you for your answer.

On the project in which I am working, we would like to replace the webService calls of type wsdl by a REST type, without using java code (routines).

In the existing one, we have identified the calls to the wsdl type webservice, in the Talend7 jobs.

There is the tWebServiceInput component that is used. This component is overloaded with java code.

In this code, routines are used, and some processing is carried out (creation of pathFile,….).

I would like to call the REST web service with the PUT method.

I started to do some tests with the GET method through the tRestClient component. The goal was to do tests with Digest authentication. The result is OK.

But I can't get it to work in PUT.

My questions are as follows:

1. Do you have an example of using the REST webService with the PUT method?

2. For you, is it necessary to first "translate" all the routines used in the project by Talend ESB (native) components? to be able to use the tRestClient component.

3. Or is there a possibility of skipping the routines without actually doing the translation?

I can send you the java code which is included in the tWebServiceInput component if needed.

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Slim