Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Validating Records Fetched From Stored Procedure

Hi,

I am fetching some records (approx. 10 in count) using stored procedure and I need to validate these records one by one.

Here is the requirement regarding validating these records.

1. Each Record will contain following fields

FirstName, Last Name and Email

2.   Following Validation to Be applied on all these 3 fields

• First Name should not be blank and First Name should not more 25 characters
  • Last Name should not be be blank and Last Name should not more 25 characters
  • Email should not be blank and be valid email

Once each of these records passes these validations then we need to process these records one by one.

Records which don't pass these validations need to be logged in separate table and mail will be send for them.

Is it possible to apply these validations on the records using Talend ODI? If yes please help me with this.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Labels (1)
3 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

You need to use tMap after feacthing from procedure.
in tmap you need write expersions in Active/unactive expresion filter

procedure-->tMap-->target
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,
tFilterRow is here for that.
You can achieve all these controls with basic conditions except for email validation.
For email validation you need to write your own routine (many examples on Google) then call this routine using the tFilterRow Advanced more.
In my opinion this approach is much more better than the tMap approach as when you open the job you can immediatly see that you have filter conditions for your flow (think maintainability).
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Does this help?

If so please mark this case as solved (Kudos also accepted).