Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesR1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Weird Error sometimes - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.directExecutor()Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;

I am racking my brain trying to figure this out.

I have a job (see screenshot dated: 2022-06-15 10.28.06) where when it is ran, it gets to a certain spot and fails (right after the tBigQueryInput_1 component labeled: Get Date Range to Process) with the following stack trace. If I comment out the last two components (see screenshot dated: 2022-06-15 10.28.12) then it runs to completion without fail. If I run the two components separately they run to completion. How can I get them all to run together in a single job?

{stack trace}

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.directExecutor()Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;

at com.google.api.gax.retrying.BasicRetryingFuture.<init>(BasicRetryingFuture.java:77)

at com.google.api.gax.retrying.DirectRetryingExecutor.createFuture(DirectRetryingExecutor.java:73)

at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.run(RetryHelper.java:73)

at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.runWithRetries(RetryHelper.java:51)

at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl.create(BigQueryImpl.java:212)

at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl.create(BigQueryImpl.java:187)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tBigQueryInput_1Process(LoginsV2.java:3744)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tRunJob_3Process(LoginsV2.java:3496)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tRunJob_1Process(LoginsV2.java:3273)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tRunJob_5Process(LoginsV2.java:3071)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tRunJob_2Process(LoginsV2.java:2857)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.tSetGlobalVar_1Process(LoginsV2.java:2464)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.runJobInTOS(LoginsV2.java:7444)

at bqdw.loginsv2_1_1.LoginsV2.main(LoginsV2.java:7210)

{stack trace}

I have similar jobs with maybe 2-4 less components and they run fine. I even re-created this job thinking there was something corrupt with the old one. And I increased the Java XMS/XMX settings to 512m/2048m. Same problem.

Any thoughts or advice?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesR1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to solve this problem by upgrading to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration V8. I would classify what was happening to me as a bug in V7.3.1. Also in V8 there seems to be a bug in the tBigQueryOutput component that does NOT allow GS Bucket to be a subdirectory. Meaning you can upload your csv file to "gs://bucket_name" but NOT "gs://bucket_name/folder_name"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesR1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to solve this problem by upgrading to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration V8. I would classify what was happening to me as a bug in V7.3.1. Also in V8 there seems to be a bug in the tBigQueryOutput component that does NOT allow GS Bucket to be a subdirectory. Meaning you can upload your csv file to "gs://bucket_name" but NOT "gs://bucket_name/folder_name"