Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What column is causing Data Truncation?

Hi, I have searched the forums and not found any helpful replies to previous similar topics.

I am getting the following error in a job:

[ERROR]: projename.jobname - tDBOutput_1 - Data truncation

Not a very helpful message at all as it is not telling which column the truncation is occurring on, making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Although I can investigate this outside of Talend and eventually find the solution, is there a way of telling the component to report the field(s) the truncation is occurring on?  Would be very handy

Thanks

Steve

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

@abouzigon ,

You can try using a tSchemaComplianceCheck (its schema same as the Dboutput component) component before your tDbOutput and connect main to DbOutput and write the rejects to a file. It will give you the records that don't conform to the output schema along with reasons as to why they were rejected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you post your job plz?
sounds strange as error message
nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

@abouzigon ,

You can try using a tSchemaComplianceCheck (its schema same as the Dboutput component) component before your tDbOutput and connect main to DbOutput and write the rejects to a file. It will give you the records that don't conform to the output schema along with reasons as to why they were rejected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @nivedhitha I will give that a try

Thanks

Steve

nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

@abouzigon , Let me know if it doesn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable