Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conkers
Contributor III
Contributor III

What's the best way to start this workflow?

Hi 

I am trying to figure out the best way to begin this workflow:

0683p000009MZyz.png

Both 'xxx' and 'xxxx' components are getting data from the same document.  I've tried tWaitforFile, but this only works with one component.  

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BhavikaW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

You can load the the file once in thashoutput since it refers to same file. load all the elements of xxx and xxxx data in thashoutput and then onsubjobok use 2 thashinput. Both thashinput will be linked to thashoutput but 1st thashinput will have the schema of xxx file and 2nd thashinput will have the schema of xxxx file.

Regards,

BhavikaW

View solution in original post

8 Replies
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Conkers , based the data reading and joining you need to see that can you able read xml file once and store in memory using thashoutput and the use thsahinputs to read that data join in xmlmap.

Conkers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi 

Thanks for the response.  I do not have access to tHashInput or tHashOutput?  Also, the rest of my flow in the image works exactly as required when the relevant file is selected in the file name/stream setting of XXX and XXXX components. 

(Ultimately it will export to a MySQL db, so this flow is just for testing)

I am after a way of either selecting a file and then running this flow, or scanning a directory for new files and then running this flow.  I've tried tWaitforFile, but I cannot 'split' the workflow.

Any assistance would be fantastic 🙂

BhavikaW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

The best way to do this is using thashcomponent. Please find the link below to access thashcomponents by default it is not visible in palette.

Store the data in thashoutput and then access it using thashinput

https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Where-are-the-tHashInput-and-tHashOutput...

Conkers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you!  I've enabled the Technical components now.  I've updated the workflow:

0683p000009MaE1.png

The first job works as shown, but I cannot get the sub-job to do anything?  Is this even the correct way?  Both tHashInput components are linked to the correct tHashOutput components in the component list dropdown

Thanks in advance

BhavikaW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,
If xxx and xxxx file is referring to same file, then load the thashoutput component by flowing the data from xxx file once and then on tsubjobok use thashinput component link to hashoutput
Regards,
BhavikaW
Conkers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

XXX and XXXX are from the same file, but contain different elements of data
from that file.

Each output from XXX and XXXX contain different data, but do share a common
field (key) so they can be joined together with tMap
BhavikaW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

You can load the the file once in thashoutput since it refers to same file. load all the elements of xxx and xxxx data in thashoutput and then onsubjobok use 2 thashinput. Both thashinput will be linked to thashoutput but 1st thashinput will have the schema of xxx file and 2nd thashinput will have the schema of xxxx file.

Regards,

BhavikaW

Conkers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you BhavikaW, this has worked 🙂