Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find Logs?

Hi,

I'm currently running this job that initiates two other jobs (see screenshot) however I'm not able to see any logs of what was running.

Is there a way to display the logs or a place where I can find them?

0683p000009MaW5.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Martintin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello mate,

As far as i know, if you want to see your logs in the terminal at the bottom of the Talend Interface, you can use tLogRow to print your values in the console. If you want to get some informations about where you are in the subjob, you could put some tJava in the job that print information with System.out.println(), like System.out.println("Begining of the extraction").

I think the proper way to generate logs is by using Log4j, i don't know how it works but it seems to be a  reference. There is an option in the tLogRow component that permits you to see the content with Log4j. 

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Martintin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello mate,

As far as i know, if you want to see your logs in the terminal at the bottom of the Talend Interface, you can use tLogRow to print your values in the console. If you want to get some informations about where you are in the subjob, you could put some tJava in the job that print information with System.out.println(), like System.out.println("Begining of the extraction").

I think the proper way to generate logs is by using Log4j, i don't know how it works but it seems to be a  reference. There is an option in the tLogRow component that permits you to see the content with Log4j. 

Regards,

Martin

Martintin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello mate,

Regards,

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. In my case tlogrow would probably not work because I have millions of records that need to be processed and I don't want them to be displayed individually, but I would like to see what is being processed at a given time and so the System.out.println() is probably the way to go with some chronometer start/ends for the duration of the job.

Roland

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. In my case tlogrow would probably not work because I have millions of records that need to be processed and I don't want them to be displayed individually, but I would like to see what is being processed at a given time and so the System.out.println() is probably the way to go with some chronometer start/ends for the duration of the job.

Roland