Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulGrubbDatalytyx
Contributor
Contributor

Where do I find good old fashion support

Could someone please advise if this forum offers help with design issues in Talend ?
I am fairly new to Talend and am searching for answer to development issues, such as

"How do you add more variables to a tRunJob, as the PLUS symbol seems to only allow the list it seems to now about?"

I seem to redirected "Qlik Community" here when I search for any help on Talend but all I see is Qlik this and Qlik that. I tried to log a ticket of Talend support, got set to a call centre that didn't seem to understand what Talend is.

Has the "Talend" product died, superseded, replaced ?

We are still paying for licenses so there must be some support somewhere, but trying to navigate this forum is difficult to say the least.

I can't even find a good old fashion developers reference guide, and Stack Overflow doesn't always hit the mark. 
I appreciate this is probably the wrong forum, but a newbie the navigation is confusing.
Please advise, as I am sure there must be some good content somewhere.

2 Replies
Bobby_UdeS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new too in this Qlik community.  Talend has been bought by Qlik so here's why we're here.  But I have to say, all this is pretty confusing.

At least, I have an answer for you for the  tRunJob.

You need to add a context variable in the job for it to appear in the tRunJob selections. 

So... You open your job "X", add a new context variable "V" and save the job.

Now, you should be able to assign "V" from the tRunJob (calling job "X")

Hope it helps.

B;-)

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We totally understand your situation and feelings. Talend product is still here. Shong and I will try our best to help you to solve problem as we did before on talend community.

As the Support Portals will remain separate for the time being, which requires Authorized Support Contacts to continue to use the Talend Support portal to create cases. You are able to create a talend support case Via contacting talend support here:

https://login.talend.com/support-login.php

The articles can be found under Support > Knowledge > Official Support Articles

and Talend Help Center is still available here to find documentation and content:

https://help.talend.com/

In addition to that, please also try to use "Classic Community Search" to find related topics when you search for any help on Talend.

UseClassicCommunitySearch.png

It is a big change for all of us and feel free to let me know if there is any help I can give.

Best regards

Sabrina