Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
en666
Contributor II
Contributor II

White spaces in path and Talend jobs

Hi all, 

I've used Talend DI for quite a long time (currently on 7.2.1) and this problem is still there:

if I run a job (java -Dtalend.component.manager.m2.repository=$ROOT_PATH/../lib -Xms256M -Xmx1024M...) from a path that has ' ' (spaces) in it, it will fail as Could not find or load main class Connector. It works if then all the spaces in the path are removed or replaced with '_' (underscore).

There are a lot of Posts regarding to this topic and the common solution is: "remove the spaces from the path"!

Unfortunately, this is not a solution for me right now, I cannot remove those spaces from the path.

Has this problem been fixed somewhere? Is there ANY way to fix this once for all?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fdenis
Master
Master

in Java the path of files is linked to class name so in java code you cannot have space into name of classes and so on on files….

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

in Java the path of files is linked to class name so in java code you cannot have space into name of classes and so on on files….
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually don't understand when you say "java path files". I have this job that I tried on my local machine and it works, but when I run it on an Azure VM it doesn't.

It shows this message:

: No such file or directoryun.sh: line 2: cd: .
Error: Could not find or load main class 

Where do I have to remove those white spaces, I can't find any!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is this path from your installation? If so, you need to reinstall your studio to avoid extra space.

Best regards

Sabrina