Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

calling common sequence on mutiple subjobs subJobError

Hi

I have a flow where I need to read mutiple files (a set of files depicting one transactional data) and insert each file in corresponding DB table as shown in figure. After successfully executing all steps, input files will be deleted. Now in case of error in any subjob, I want to rename all these related files to say Error_weekly_sales_<ID>.csv, Error_item_activity_<ID>.csv, Error_ranking_metrics_<ID>.csv so that same files set are not picked in next run and for which I have tFileList -iterate- tFileCopy. Now I want to call this file rename sequence whenever a subJobError occurs for any of the subjob. As shown below I can drag onSubJobError for first subjob only but for other two subjobs, Talend doesn't allow. Why this behaviour and how this can be achieved. Note that I also need to throw an exception from this file rename subjob so that in parent job DB connection could be closed.

0683p000009M849.png

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Talend is not allowing this process to avoid circular dependency error. You need to handle it through separate subjobs instead of trying to point all the tasks to same subjob.

I could see that you are using On Component Ok instead of On SubJob Ok in your job. Please also verify whether you really need On Component Ok in your jobs by checking below link.

https://help.talend.com/reader/t8PcR8IoDGOfid5OjAngXQ/q1xPuU8rV3IK6WG6~AkREg

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved