Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

dynamic global variable??

Hi,
I can use constant global variables by defining context on repository, and using them by draging-droping into jobs that I want to use.
What about dynamic global variables?
I would like to allocate a value ( especially a date) to context.param in a job , and want to use the variable in another job.
I send the value to the context in a job, but i get null in the other job...
anyone has any idea?
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is both the job inter dependent ? If so then you can call the other (second) job in your (first) job by simply dragging it to the work space.. Then in the basic setting of the second job you can check "Transmit whole context" option.. Also make sure that you have also declared the context in your second job even.. then this may work.
Thanks,
Yuraj
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I know exaclty what you mean, i can transmit variables between jobs by using context param section in settings of Trunjob...
However, that's not what I want.. I would like to define one global variable and send a value to it in a job, and want to use it wherever I want in other jobs...
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think this is possible.. because the life of global variable ends at the end of a job.. the only thing that remains true for all job is the default value of a global variable.. If some how you can the default value in a job & reflect the changes in the repository then your objective will be fullfilled. But i am not sure if it is possible..
Thanks,
Yuraj
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anybody has different solutions?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I am having the same issue, could not get it to work with global vars or context, it seems context only works when jobs call each other?
I'm actual flabbergasted that something simple as a real global (ehm session?..) over all the jobs seems impossible?
I think I'm going to solve it by dumping it to a file and let the other jobs read from it. I realy do not like that solution but for now I'm stuck on this : /
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author