Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GNagar
Contributor
Contributor

empty response tRestClient in talend 8

Hi,

I am using tRestclient to fetch the data in talend 8 and I am getting empty response. I have tested it in postman it gives me response. Can you tell me if we need to add any library? I had tried using jaxb-impl-2.2.6-modified.jar and jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar in tLibraryload but, still I am getting the empty response. I am using java 11 zulu

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you

0695b00000ODIweAAH.png

0695b00000ODItQAAX.png

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unlikely you will need extra Jars. Can you tell me a bit more about the service you are calling? What is it expecting? Is there a payload (are you sending XML or JSON to it)? Is there an API document for it?

GNagar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

We have a job built in talend 7.1, I am trying to migrate those jobs to talend 8.0.

We are extracting the fields like name, phone number and address etc.., I am not using payload to fetch those details. Just using url and relative path as in the screenshot above. Below is the API document. Can you please let me know if I need any other jars to you tRestclient in talend 8.0?

https://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Sugar_Developer/Sugar_Developer_Guide_11.0/Integration/Web_Services/REST_API/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did this job work in v7.1? If so, this could be related a to bug that has been patched in v8. I wasn't aware of this bug (I've not experienced it), but took the latest patch today and noticed that the bug was mentioned in the notes. If you go to feature manager, you can download it from there.

If you are working in a project with other developers, they will need to take the patch as well.

GNagar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I am using Talend open studio 8.0 so, do you have any workaround for this issue in that? thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I presumed that you were using the subscription product. There are no patches for Talend Open Studio. You will need to wait until the next release. However, there may be some things you can try. I see that you are returning XML, but your API seems to be JSON first. In the advanced settings of the tRestClient, can you untick "Convert Response to DOM Document"? Can you also get rid of the relative path and put the entire URL in the URL field? These suggestions aren't necessarily connected to the bug, but as I said, I have not experienced the bug. I use solely JSON when working with APIs at the moment and I rarely use the relative path. My thinking is that if I haven't seen the bug, then maybe this is why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Richard Hall​ ,

Is there any update on the next release of Talend Open studio ? We have been waiting for a year on this and were expecting some fixes on trestclient and the updated log4j versions with the new TOS. Any leads on the expected release date will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid there is no news on new versions for TOS. Our subscription products are patched regularly and are also updated on a regular basis. We do not do this with the free products I am afraid.