Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

expose api in java throuh talend esb

I am having a rest api ready in java which takes json in request and gives json in response, Is it possible to expose the java api through talend esb instead giving its direct access to the client.

thanks in advance..

Labels (5)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you can do this. You can create a wrapper REST API around your API. This will received a request in whatever format you decide, convert it (if necessary) to the request of your wrapped API, call it, receive the response and send it back to the caller.

You will need a tRestRequest, a tRestClient (to call your API) and a tRestResponse. You will also need other components between the tRestRequest and tRestClient, and the tRestClient and tRestResponse if you want to modify the input and output.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It would be more helpful if you show using an example in screenshots
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it would. But that would require me finding a REST API which matches your use case, I would then have to build a job to show this, test it, take screen shots and post it here. I'm not opposed to doing that, but I would need MUCH more detail about the problem so that I am sure that I am meeting your requirements. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have raised one more topic on the same wherein I have given request and respose of rest api.

Topic Name :-  API expose using talend

link :-https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/API-expose-using-talend/m-p/154157

Thank you.