Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

installation Talend on RHEL 7

Hi, I want to install Talend Open Studio Data Integration on Linux Redhat v7.

The documentation (https://help.talend.com/reader/xFN_6XH9TtbKpH8~h17lFQ/q7qwRXmrXz4jZUZgkE~9Bg) recommends making use of the Talend Installer for Linux, but I'm not able to find where to download it. 

In addition, the documentation mentions to perform the following steps.

1. Download the TalendToolsStudio-A-B-C-osx-installer.app.tar file.

2. Extract the TalendToolsStudio-A-B-C-osx-installer.app.tar archive file.

3. Double-click the TalendToolsStudio-A-B-C-osx-installer.app file to launch Talend Studio Installer.

4. Accept the License Agreement.

5. Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.

6. Add your license file.

7. Choose where you want the workspace directory to be located.

8. Launch the installation.

Since I'm planning to use the open source version, I won't be receiving a license file. Will that change anything?

Also there is no mentioning of installing 'X' on Linux for a graphical interface to Talend. Will I need to install a Talend client to interact with the server??

Roland

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The documentation is Talend Data Integration(subscription solution) Installation Guide for Linux. Talend Installer is not available in talend open source.

Please refer to this installation guide:Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Installation and Upgrade Guide for Linux 

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The documentation is Talend Data Integration(subscription solution) Installation Guide for Linux. Talend Installer is not available in talend open source.

Please refer to this installation guide:Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Installation and Upgrade Guide for Linux 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. Thanks. There is a mentioning of a studio .ini file that I have to amend (see below quote) which I guess is the file TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64.ini?

"Add the following line at the end of the Studio .ini file that corresponds to your Linux architecture:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=</usr/lib/xulrunner>

where </usr/lib/xulrunner> is the XULRunner installation path."

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. Thanks. There is a mentioning of a studio .ini file that I have to amend (see below quote) which I guess is the file TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64.ini?

"Add the following line at the end of the Studio .ini file that corresponds to your Linux architecture:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=</usr/lib/xulrunner>

where </usr/lib/xulrunner> is the XULRunner installation path."

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, so I've added the path to the .ini file after which I ran the  TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86.sh script. While doing so, I got the following error (see attached file) which I think was related to the java jdk path. For that I also added a screenshot for someone to verify.

Thanks,

Roland

0683p000009Mabj.png0683p000009Mabo.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, so I've added the path to the .ini file after which I ran the  TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86.sh script. While doing so, I got the following error (see attached file) which I think was related to the java jdk path. For that I also added a screenshot for someone to verify.

Thanks,

Roland

0683p000009Mabj.png0683p000009Mabo.png