Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talepos
Contributor
Contributor

.jar file seen by Routine but not job that uses Routine

Using TOS DI 7.3.x on Windows Server

I wrote a Java code/routine and I imported a .jar (jasypt.jar) and the routine compiles. 

But when I call the routine from a job, the job can't find the .jar that the routine uses. 

How do you insert a .jar, or change the job, such that the job sees the imported .jar that the routine does see and use?

Why is it that the routine compiles and sees the import of the .jar -- and the classes it uses (that is, compiles) -- but the job that uses the routine fails to run/compile -- error is on the same import of the .jar, that is, the job cannot resolve the classes because the job cannot import/find the .jar?

Is there a proper way to import a .jar such that routines and jobs both see the .jar?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please read this documentation about how to edit routine libraries, let us know if you still have the same issues.

https://help.talend.com/r/qsVMGPxPzq7IQ_Tij2uz2g/ysjMQ3zHv~jWQ9Jvcq1tRQ

Regards

Shong

tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Shong,

The Routine sees the library/jar without any problems. It is the job that uses the Routine that does not see the library. For some reason the job fails when calling the Routine and says it cannot find a class that is in the library/jar.

Also, I am using Talend Open Studio 7.3.x, not Talend Big Data Platform 6.5. 

I have written other Routines that did not require me to import a library/jar and any job calling those Routines worked fine.

But with this routine I have had to import a library/jar and, although the Routine compiles, any job uses the Routine will not run successfully. 

I am getting this exception so it may be something I am doing wrong:

org.jasypt.exceptions.EncryptionOperationNotPossibleException

at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEByteEncryptor.decrypt(StandardPBEByteEncryptor.java:1054)

at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor.decrypt(StandardPBEStringEncryptor.java:738)

at org.jasypt.util.text.AES256TextEncryptor.decrypt(AES256TextEncryptor.java:113)

Please advise on next steps and thank you for you help.

tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

This has been resolved. Added jar to routine and project. See https://help.talend.com/r/qsVMGPxPzq7IQ_Tij2uz2g/ysjMQ3zHv~jWQ9Jvcq1tRQ