Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

java.lang.Exception: Error! TABLE parameter '__GROUPBY__' doesn't exist in component tSQLTemplateMerge. Maybe you are using a sqlpattern that isn't applicable in tSQLTemplateMerge_1.

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to Talend and have my first problem now. I have built an example job to transport data from one database to another. The database connection and the first step works fine. Now I get the error message with the tSQLTemplateMerge:

java.lang.Exception: Error! TABLE parameter '__GROUPBY__' doesn't exist in component tSQLTemplateMerge. Maybe you are using a sqlpattern that isn't applicable in tSQLTemplateMerge_1. Maybe you are using a sqlpattern that isn't applicable in tSQLTemplateMerge_1

Do any of you know why? I'm using a SQL 2016 server (possibly the problem here)?

Many thanks for your help.

0683p000009M4W0.png

Labels (3)
1 Reply
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

Can you post the details of how you configured the tSQLTemplateMerge component and any SQL you are using?  Can you post a screen shot of your job?  It looks like it is logging some rows correctly after the error.

I suspect Talend is sending SQL with syntax related to "group by" that is not supported by SQL Server 2016.

There is variable called "QUERY" in the component.  You could print that out to see the exact SQL that is being sent.

You could print it out in a tJavaRow component.  Assuming your component is called tSQLTemplateMerge_1:

System.out.println((String)globalMap.get("tSQLTemplateMerge_1_QUERY"));