Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbxr
Contributor III
Contributor III

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unparseable date: "2014-05-12 16:07:10.691"

Hi 

my data is in csv having one field as date format mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss

when I am running job throwing error : 

Couldn't parse value for column 'last_modified' in 'row1', value is '2014-05-12 00:36:57.996'. Details: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unparseable date: "2014-05-12 00:36:57.996"

In my data the field is in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss format

how can resolve this issue

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to open the file in a normal text editor like notepad, notepad++ etc. to verify the actual date format.

If you are opening in Excel, it will auto format the data before displaying. Once the actual data format is identified, you can add the date in corresponding format.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to open the file in a normal text editor like notepad, notepad++ etc. to verify the actual date format.

If you are opening in Excel, it will auto format the data before displaying. Once the actual data format is identified, you can add the date in corresponding format.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sbxr 

Did it resolve your issue?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

vikramk
Creator II
Creator II

you can't open the excel file in notepad++ if you still try to open you can't even try view the data I do have the same issue and the date format is in this format - 8/31/2018 8:33:41 PM
So I tried to gave format as "MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm:ss" it throws same error as mentioned in the post