Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple files

hi good morning my requirement is load 10 files at one location to one  target file or db 

actually yesterday i'm loaded 10  files into target  another file is added to that location on today again i run the job only latest file will be loaded

im using this components and load the last updated file records into target

tfilelist + tfileinputdelimited + tbufferoutput

tbufferinput+tsamplerow+tfileoutput

could you explain this with any another job only last updated file

in tfilelist i'm taking data option in the options and desc

options in tsamplerow only last file records range i'm mention 

could you explain th

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,

Unfortunately your question is bit vague. I hope you are trying to say that the input files will be reaching a specific landing zone. You are trying to pick only those new files and want to ignore the files which are already processed. Could you please advise whether my assumption is right?

If it is a right assumption, the ideal way to process the files will be to move them from initial inbound folder once you have processed them. Ideally you need to have two folders at minimum i.e., an inbound folder where the source systems will place the file. The Talend process will pick the files from here and will process them. Once its processed, you should ideally move them to another archive folder (which will have only the processed files). You can even create one more folder called reject folder to keep all the files which was rejected during validation.

The current process of keeping the files at same location is not the recommended way of file processing.

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi actually i'm saying i have 10 files (1 file newly updated file) so my intention is to only latest updated file is going to load out of 10 files 1file is latest updated file already we are load the 9 files ok everyday 1 file is arrived at that location my requirement is only load latest file
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,

If your intention is to keep the input files at same inbound folder after processing (which is not a recommended way), you can get the details of file properties first in iterative manner using tfilelist followed by tfileproperties. Once the entire file property data is available, you can filter the files which is having today's date as last modified date.

Then you can pick only those files and process it further. I would say you try it based on the information given so that you will learn the Talend job flow and components. If you are stuck somewhere, please provide the job screenshots, component error screenshots etc. so that community members can help you from that point onwards.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

actually im desgined job with tfilelist + tfileinput+tbufferoutput
subjob ok
tbuuffer input+ tsamplerow + toracleoutput
in tfilelist using option date and desc
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i want another way (job) from you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,

When you are doing the job in this manner, in which stage are you getting stuck? Could you please share the relevant job screenshots and the error message you are getting?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi