Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walidmas
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

ora-00604 error occurred at recursive sql level 1 talend

hello community,

I'm using Talend Data Integration Version: 8.0.1 Build id: R2023-04, i have an oracle connection and it s functionnal on talend studio,

the problem is when im trying to guess schema i get this error ora-00604 error occurred at recursive sql level 1 talend and im definetly sure that the syntax of the querry is correct, i tried to add columns manually and it works , i want a solution so i can fix this problem.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
HKirk1
Contributor
Contributor

The error you're encountering, "ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1," indicates an issue with recursive SQL execution within the Oracle database. This error typically occurs when there is a recursive SQL statement that exceeds the maximum level of recursion allowed by the database.

To resolve this problem in Talend Data Integration, you can try the following steps:

Increase the maximum level of recursion: You can modify the Oracle database's session parameter to increase the maximum level of recursion allowed. This can be done using the following SQL statement before executing the Talend job:

ALTER SESSION SET "_oracle_script"=true;

ALTER SYSTEM SET "_recursive_sql_level"=1000 SCOPE=MEMORY;

Disable recursive SQL execution: Another option is to disable the recursive SQL execution during the schema guessing process in Talend. To do this, you can add the following JVM argument to the Talend job execution configuration:

-Dtalend.component.schemaguesser.recursivesql=false

Update the Talend version: Ensure that you are using the latest version of Talend Data Integration. There might be bug fixes or improvements related to schema guessing for Oracle databases in newer versions.

Manually define the schema: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you can manually define the schema in Talend by adding columns to the schema manually. This workaround allows you to proceed with your job, but it may require more effort on your part to maintain the schema if there are changes in the future MyAARPMedicare.

It's worth noting that the ORA-00604 error can have multiple causes, and the solutions provided above are specific to the issue related to recursive SQL execution in Talend Data Integration. If the problem persists or if you suspect a different underlying cause, it is recommended to reach out to Talend support or consult the Talend community forums for further assistance.

Best regard,