Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshsteve
Creator
Creator

"The cycle projects refrence detected" when trying to add Reference Project

Hi. I am trying to add a reference project in another project in Talend Studio (fully licenced version)

I get the error shown in the screenshot: "The cycle projects reference detected", and it then won't let me add this reference.

This used to work fine until the last few months, but have noticed in newer versions, later versions of V7.3.1 and now with v8 which we are currently running, it no longer lets me add these reference projects. It gives you literally no information about why it isn't working and how to resolve it, which is not very helpful at all.

Is anybody able to help?

0695b00000YCIs6AAH.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

With your Talend Studio (fully licenced version), could you please create a support case on talend support portal so that we would give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.

Here is a KB article about:

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Creating-a-Support-case-in-Salesforce-sNm7c

Hope it helps

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems that the reference that you are trying to define creates a cycle among the projects. Unfortunately there is no way to identify which projects are involved in the cycle and we need to verify that manually. Could you please verify the same at your end?

Best regards

Sabrina

welshsteve
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "cycle". I do not know what that is or referes to.

I can find no information in help files or online resources as to what this is.

Thanks

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

With your Talend Studio (fully licenced version), could you please create a support case on talend support portal so that we would give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.

Here is a KB article about:

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Creating-a-Support-case-in-Salesforce-sNm7c

Hope it helps

Best regards

Sabrina