Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Cannot connect using Netezza driver

Hi,
I am doing some oracle (10g)->netezza integrations.
I have the Netezza OLEDB, ODBC and JDBC adapters installed.
TOS 3.2.2.r33000
I can connect to both Oracle or Netezza from TOS without problems using ODBC DSNs.

If I try to connect to Netezza using the Netezza driver with credentials that work in both ODBC and Aginity I get:
Connection failure. You must change the database settings
under Details>> I get
org.netezza.Driver

FWIW I also find I cannot connect to Oracle OR Netezza using generic JDBC although I can connect to a localhost ORCL instance without problems.
If I run nzjdbc.jar to run a config I can connect OK to the Netezza server.
Any ideas why I cannot get TOS to talk natively (?) to Netezza or how I can debug the JDBC connections?
BTW do we need a standard Netezza tag on the forums?
T
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Resolved after ticket raised - appears to be a combination of nzjdbc.jar version conflict (less likely) and lack of nzjdbc.jar in a lib/java folder (which had not been created by the installer)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have also now written a simple JDBC test harness in Java and run it to determine that I can connect to Netezza OK independently of TOS and it works fine.
So the problem remains - how come TOS cannot make the JDBC connection?
T
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
Can you report a bug on our bugtracker?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards

shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Done - Issue 10407 raised
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Resolved after ticket raised - appears to be a combination of nzjdbc.jar version conflict (less likely) and lack of nzjdbc.jar in a lib/java folder (which had not been created by the installer)
PDublish1651071668
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to connect Netezza and getting same issue: Connection failure. You must change the database settings

However, Installing supportive nzjdbc driver, not resolved issue.

Please help me what extra jar files should I add to resolve it.