Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Catch Output Reject is not working

Hi All,
I wanted to catch all rows rejected/filtered out of Tmap. I think I configured it correctly but I still can't see any data on the rejected table. Please see my screenshot and please let me know if there's anything wrong with it.
Thanks!
Jo
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in fact when you put filter as in your example, data are filtering before mapping.
so only data passing the filter go further.
put the filter on right side & then data rejected will go in the second output flow as expected.
hope it help

regards
laurent

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,
Output reject is for reject about filter. Seems that you have no filter in your tMap.
Are talking about reject for join ?
if so, use inner join reject.
regards
laurent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Laurent,
I have no inner join. I was just filtering the source data (row1) using the condition row1.UWI.substring(0,5).equals("XI977"). As you can see from the screenshot, my source file has 252 rows but only 7 rows satisfied the condition in tmap. What I wanted to do is to catch the other 245 records that did not satisfy the filter.. Is there another way of doing this?
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in fact when you put filter as in your example, data are filtering before mapping.
so only data passing the filter go further.
put the filter on right side & then data rejected will go in the second output flow as expected.
hope it help

regards
laurent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Works like magic! 0683p000009MACn.png Thanks Laurent..
This tutorial made me think that I can get the filter rejects by including the filter expression on the left hand side..
http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?idTuto=9
Thanks again!
Jo