Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satyavar
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] Length or precision specification 0 is invalid Error

Hi
I am trying to export a Oracle table to SQL Server table. While doing it, I am receiving following error: Please help me in understanding what needs to be done to fix this error.
Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_16
java.sql.SQLException: Line 1: Length or precision specification 0 is invalid.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2820)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2258)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:632)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:584)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:546)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeImpl(JtdsStatement.java:723)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.execute(JtdsStatement.java:1160)
    at talend_demo_project.fulltransform_0_1.FullTransform.tOracleInput_136Process(FullTransform.java:2935)
    at talend_demo_project.fulltransform_0_1.FullTransform.runJobInTOS(FullTransform.java:7330)
    at talend_demo_project.fulltransform_0_1.FullTransform.main(FullTransform.java:7189)
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess on the output component you have set the Action on Table to something like "Create if not exists" and the component is trying to create the table.
In this case check the schema if the values for length and precision does make sense. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess on the output component you have set the Action on Table to something like "Create if not exists" and the component is trying to create the table.
In this case check the schema if the values for length and precision does make sense. 
satyavar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I have set Create if not exists. Length was missing on one of the fields. I have updated it with some value on destination, It works fine now.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set your topic as resolved (Link in your first post).