Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] My jobs have disappeared

Hi,
In preparation to deploy my jobs, I used the "Export items" to create a copy of my jobs (maybe this was the wrong approach). I got an error message about a number of null pointer exceptions then all my jobs, metadata, etc.. disappeared form the repository tree.
I closed TOS and opened again and nothing had returned. Unfortunately my last backup was two weeks ago and I have done much work since.
In investigating the problem I have found:
- the .project file has shrunk from many Kb to 1Kb
- the .bak_0 log file logged many errors. Below is an example of the header part repeated many times:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2012-09-23 07:11:18.884
!MESSAGE 2012-09-23 07:11:18,884 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - item with name:create_monthly_data / id:_Kyp5cO2GEeG6jKK7xDoorw not found !Please Refresh the repository.
- in the .history directory (C:\talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r84309-V5.1.1\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.history) the contents of the files relate to my jobs/project. If there was some way to recover these bits that would be an advantage.
What should I do? Can anything be recovered or should I start again form my last backup?
Any advice would be appreciated. Losing my jobs has been stressful for me.
thanks,
David
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi David
Go to <Talend studio installation path>/workspace/project_name/process folder, and see if the job items are still there, if so, follows these steps to restore the jobs:
1. Install a new Studio or open the old Studio and change another workspace.
2. Create a new project and open it.
3. Right-click Job designs, select 'import items' option.
4. And then, browse your old workspace and import the job items.
If the jobs do disappear from the old workspace, you have to restore them from your last backup.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi David
Go to <Talend studio installation path>/workspace/project_name/process folder, and see if the job items are still there, if so, follows these steps to restore the jobs:
1. Install a new Studio or open the old Studio and change another workspace.
2. Create a new project and open it.
3. Right-click Job designs, select 'import items' option.
4. And then, browse your old workspace and import the job items.
If the jobs do disappear from the old workspace, you have to restore them from your last backup.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shong,
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
It worked and all seems to have been restored. I am so grateful for your advice.
My new mantra is "backup, backup, backup".
thanks again,
David
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shong,
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
It worked and all seems to have been restored. I am so grateful for your advice.
My new mantra is "backup, backup, backup".
thanks again,
David

Glad to see that you have restored the jobs. Thanks for your feedback!