Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Sending the content of tfileoutputdelimited to tsendmail.

Hi,
I have tfileoutputdelimited and now i want to send the content of the file as a single email.
Can anyone suggest me something.
I have used something like below but it is sendinig several mails.
0683p000009MBVL.png
Can you suggest me some alternative.
Thanks,
Rajendra
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dawn2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Never mind, I found the solution from another thread by searching the error message:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-File-Trigger-send-attachment-if-file...

I had an empty line in attachment file filed. After removing it, it works perfect!

Dawn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
To make it clear, I have designed a demo job.
Please see my screenshots as belows
In addition, how about sending your output file as an attachement in tsendmail?
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MByo.png 0683p000009MBrx.png 0683p000009MBzH.png 0683p000009MBuX.png 0683p000009MBzM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajendra,
Is your issue fixed? Feel free to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
Dawn2
Contributor II
Contributor II

I wish Talend built new features to handle this issue after 4 years. 0683p000009MACn.png

I have a project that need to send tFileoutputDelimited content to tSendMail message body as well. I tried Sabrina's suggestion. However, I got an error message said "xxx (eg. id, name) cannot be resolved or is not a field".

I am wondering if it is caused by declaring the variables id and name in Contexts?  I set the type of context as string, and leave the value as "". 

Can someone help with this?

Best,

Dawn

Dawn2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Never mind, I found the solution from another thread by searching the error message:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-File-Trigger-send-attachment-if-file...

I had an empty line in attachment file filed. After removing it, it works perfect!

Dawn