Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyM
Contributor
Contributor

[resolved] TIS 304 (64bit) and MS Access Data input Component

I have a job built in TIS 3.0.4 (32bit executable). I've since moved to a 64-bit OS and started to use
Initial conditions:
Vista64, using TIS 3.0.4_64, Java 1.6 x64.
When I open the Job and try to preview data for a MS Access Input component it get an error.
-----
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
Data source name not found and no default driver specified
-----
The path to the MS Access MDB file is correct. This Job used to work.
Changed to...
Vista64, TIS 3.0.4(32bit), Java 1.6 (32bit)
Job opens and runs just fine in Talend.
I'm guessing that Talend/Java (x64) is having an issue using the MS Access ODBC driver.
Is there some way to use the 64-bit versions and still get the job to be able to pull data from the MS Access DB?
Also, will exported jobs built in 64-bit Talend/Java execute on 32 bit systems?
Thanks for your time.
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
If I'm running Talend x64 and have a 64bit Java JRE selected (jdk1.6.0_17) in Preferences->Java->Installed JREs, will the compiled and exported Jobs run on a 32-bit system?

Yes, both the two ways of export the job script and export the job item works on a 32-bit system.
Best regards
Shong

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
It looks we still need to use the 32bit odbc driver: odbcad32.exe, see article.
Best regards

shong
JimmyM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That's the way it looks. I was doing some research regarding 64bit apps and 32bit ODBC drivers in general. The odbcad32.exe in the WOW64 folder is for the admin of 32bit ODBC drivers while the ODBC administrator found in Admin Tools is for 64bit ones. A real pain just for one ODBC driver. But I guess such is the state of 64bit applications right now. I wonder if Microsoft will ever make a 64bit MDAC pack.
JimmyM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Also, will exported jobs built in 64-bit Talend/Java execute on 32 bit systems?
Thanks for your time.

Per my previous post,
If I'm running Talend x64 and have a 64bit Java JRE selected (jdk1.6.0_17) in Preferences->Java->Installed JREs, will the compiled and exported Jobs run on a 32-bit system?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Yes, both the two ways of export the job script and export the job item works on a 32-bit system.
Best regards
Shong
JimmyM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello

Best regards
Shong

Excellent. Thanks for the reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for being dense, but how do I set talend up to use the 32-bit driver? I can interact with Access 2003 databse through the repository, but if I just drag a taccessoutput component the designer, I cant use SQL Builder.