Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Where to keep the dependency external files in the project structure

Hi All,

I have job with multiple file input components. Each component is having corresponding file.

Currently, I kept all the files in one of my local drive and I provided the path of the file and running it. But the problem with this approach is, If I want to run the project in another system, I need to share all the files along with the project zip, and the path of files needs to be same that I have mentioned in the job.

So, Is there any way to keep all the files in project structure of talend and use the path of those in job(file input components) ?. So that I can export the job and I can run it in any machine without changing the job in another machine.

Any help is highly appreciated ?

Regards,
Siva
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva,
This can be achieved by making a workaround...
- Create file path inside the root folder
- Unpack and copy the respective files inside the root folder and repack again
- There is another option to attach files inside the Document tab. You can attach as many documents as you can, they becomes part of your job, but Not sure how about referencing those files as a part of execution... need to check
Vaibhav

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You can set your input file path as Context value. If you want to change the context selection, simply edit the .bat/.sh file.
TalendHelpCenter:How to change context parameters in Jobs
Or you can load your input files into DB and extract data using t<DB>Input.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva,
This can be achieved by making a workaround...
- Create file path inside the root folder
- Unpack and copy the respective files inside the root folder and repack again
- There is another option to attach files inside the Document tab. You can attach as many documents as you can, they becomes part of your job, but Not sure how about referencing those files as a part of execution... need to check
Vaibhav