Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Writing to two sheets in the same excel file from one job

Hi all,
I have a problem writing to two different sheets in the same excel file from the same job, below is the scenario :
tFileInputExcel - > tMap -> tReplicate .. replicate1 .. -> tFileOuputExcel(sheet1) .. replicate2 .. -> tMap -> tFileOuputExcel(sheet2)
tFileOuputExcel is the same file.
If I change one of the tFileOutputExcel file name to a different file name, then both files are created with the respective sheet names(sheet1, sheet2), however they are in different files which does not suite my purpose.
Is this a bug in Talend ?
Labels (2)
22 Replies
sjaganmo
Contributor
Contributor

All that I am doing is creating an empty .xlsx workbook in the first subjob, writing a sheet in it and save the workbook using the custom component and in the second subjob if I try to open the same workbook, it thros an error that the workbook is closed. cannot open file.
sjaganmo
Contributor
Contributor

This is the java exception of the error:
2016-02-16 08:27:12|8ANK5U|20160216082700_VwPOp|CafRzf|GRP_ETL|Copy_of_jo_GRP_RPT_0003_generateInvoicesByEntityTypeXls_J_Good|Default|6|Java Exception|tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_1|java.lang.IllegalStateException:Zip File is closed|1
sjaganmo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jan,
Can you please comment on this? Thanks!
I have also created a new post for this issue.
https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=178110#p178110