Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II

sapjco3.dll Failed to initialize

Hello Everyone,

I'm running my Talend SAP job via Job Server from my client studio and I am getting the error below.

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Windows\System32\sapjco3.dll: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed"

I assume that the Talend job is working fine as it runs successfully if I use the Localhost.

Do you have any idea how to fix this error?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As the sap component requires the sapjco jar and the sapjco.dll file. They have to be kept in the right location so that when the job is executed both the sap jar and the .dll can be found and job executes successfully.

Did you do SAP configuration on both local machine and job server? Remote engine?

Here is online documentation:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/sap/installing-sap-jco-on-remote-engine

Best regards

Sabrina

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

It has nothing to do with localhost or any network related settings. The used sapjco.jar expects at the machine where you run the job a native lib sapjco3.dll (windows) or sapjco3.so (linux/Mac) and you have to give the job the information where it is installed by the environment variable (refer the documentation above).

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you both.

We still cannot connect and run the SAP Talend job via Remote Engine as there are lots of configuration needed to execute as stated in the documentation provided. We were able to find ways to retrieve the data by creating a DB connection to SAP Hana. This works for us for the meantime.

Thanks much for your help. 🙂

RRoss1697278129
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I will keep it in my mind.