Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_touti
Contributor
Contributor

slack notification with talend

hello, is there a way to get a notification in slack with job details when it finish execution ? thanks in advance

Labels (2)
4 Replies
rhall1
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can certainly use Talend with Slack....but you will need to write the Slack app yourself. I have actually done exactly what you are requiring, but it takes a little bit of work to build it in. In my solution, I created a web service which was called at the end of every Talend job. This service was called using the tPostJob component to be run at the end of the job, no matter whether it completed successfully or not. The web service would call the Slack app that I created to write the job logs to a Slack channel shared by my team.

I don't have the full solution to demonstrate, but I do have links to a series of blogs I wrote which show how to build the Slack app and how it was used with a Talend job to send messages to users/channels. The blog series starts here...

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Sending-Slack-messages-with-Talend-part-1-configuring-your-slack-app

a_touti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

i followed this tuto but i couldnt understand anything in step 3 or 2

rhall1
Contributor III
Contributor III

I presume you mean the second and third blogs. The second blog covers a step to acquire Slack user/channel data. Before you can send Slack messages to users/channels via the Slack API for your app, you need to get the IDs for those users/channels. Step 2 is about creating a job to acquire that data and store it in a database. I used Snowflake for this, but any DB....even a flat file....can be used. The third blog is about the steps that need to be taken to send a message to your user/channel (using the data gathered in blog 2) so that it can be displayed in Slack. Slack requires the data to be sent in a JSON format.

Once the steps in the first two blogs are completed, then the third blog shows an example of what you can do with that stuff completed.

a_touti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

do you have discord where i can talk to you please?