Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

switch cas in talend subjobs

Hi,

I'm trying to execute a bunch of subjobs from my masterJob by blocks, i want to do something like Switch in java, in case 1: run sujob1, case 2:: run subjob2.

i'm having a hunderds of jobs so in order to optimize my job, i want to execute them by block without passing by tjava if trigger.

thanks for your suggestions*.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To run jobs or subjobs by condition, it would make sense to use RunIf links. Why do you not want to use them? Can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve and what you currently have (maybe using screenshots)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i will run a hundreds or thousands of subjobs, so if i use Runif, to run case(n) it will have to cheek all the if statements from i=0 until n then execute this subjob, beside if i'm not mistaken, if i use somthing like Switch in java it will just look for this case(n) then run the subjob associated ... it's a matter of optimization.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hundreds or thousands of subjobs/child jobs will create performance issues. That is not something I would recommend. However, there is another way you could work this. I have done something similar using a database table holding job names and logic associated with selecting the job. I then use a db component to return the job that I want to run. I then trigger that job using a tRunJob making use of the Dynamnic Job functionality.....

https://help.talend.com/reader/mjoDghHoMPI0yuyZ83a13Q/1I5EGN1E92B_kquoxHqV1Q