Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tAggregateRow - sum double variables possible?

Hello, quick question to which I couldn't find the answer elsewhere.
Will tAggregateRow's sum function work if I feed it with double values or does it only work with ints?
Thanks in advance
Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
The tAggregateRow support for double data type.
To make it more clear, I have made a demo job.
Input:
1.33;4
2.24;4
See my screenshots for details
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MEq4.png 0683p000009MEtz.png 0683p000009MEu4.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay perfect. Thanks Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have to calculate average for a field in which it is necessary to ignore null values, I am using the component tAggregateRow and the input is from tMap the field is a String, but i get this message
Warning:the operation 'sum' for the output column 'MV' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types

i tried to change to double but i think this will return unwanted caculations because it will consider 0 where there is actually no data, right?
how can i get a way of ignoring nulls?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Use a tFilterRow to filter the rows that are empty or null value before tAggregateRow, and convert the data type from string to a numeric type for the oeration 'sum'.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have negative values in my data and i want to sum up using aggregate row.  but the results are as follows.

input:

expected output:

actual output:

can someone help me? 

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@keerthi-gurudu,check the below screenshot.0683p000009M1Ma.png0683p000009M1Mf.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb

my job looks as below. I have my input coming from the file using tmap to get specific columns. this case sum is not working as expected? 

can u help me to resolve this issue?

0683p000009M1En.png

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@keerthi-gurudu,in the invoiceout section,how many fields are you passing to taggregaterow?