Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBristow
Creator
Creator

tDBConnection and special characters

We have a connection to an Azure SQL Server Database using the tDBConnection. Works great in DEV - but fails in QA. One team member said the User Name is "UserName@test.com" - so in email format. Whenever I use the "@" in the User Name - I get an error as Talend tries to connect: "Cannot open server "test.com" requested by the login." Remove the "@" and we get the expected Invalid Login message - so it looks like the "@" throws everything off.

Are special characters allowed on the tDBConnection component?

If 'Yes" - then how do you escape or format the Username with the "@" in it? I've tried "\@"; "\\@"; and even "%40" but nothing seems to work as the Username looks to be simple text and thus I'm sending "UserName\@test.com" and it gets rejected.

I'm trying to get them to change the User Name to avoid the issue - but was curious if this might be a known issue or constraint.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
wwang
Contributor
Contributor

please upload your sample job which can reproduce it, or show which component you use and config details.

JBristow
Creator
Creator
Author

Here's the job configuration. They changed from an on-prem SQL Server DB an Azure. The change itself was fairly straight-forward and worked fine. It was just the user ID with the embedded "@" in the name that would not work. I had them provide a user ID without any special characters and we were fine.

0695b00000Uy0ggAAB.png