Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nandita1s
Contributor
Contributor

tELTOutput update table Snowflake

I have a scenario where I have to insert into a snowflake table and also update it using the ELT approach because the data volume is high. All ELT components are working fine except for the ELTOutput update feature. ELTOutput update is giving an erroneous output (the error being "single row subquery returns multiple rows"). This error is not related to data or keys, it is simply the way the update query is working. Can anyone help here and suggest if I am missing something here? Here's an example data:

Input: MEETING_ID, MEETING_NBR, MEETING_PURPOSE

Insert: INSERT INTO FACT_B (MEETING_ID, MEETING_NBR, MEETING_PURPOSE) (SELECT MEETING_ID, MEETING_NBR, MEETING_PURPOSE FROM STG_B LEFT OUTER JOIN DIM_EMP ON (DIM_EMP.EMP_CD = STG_B.E_CD))

Update: UPDATE FACT_B SET

MEETING_ID = (SELECT MEETING_ID FROM STG_B LEFT OUTER JOIN DIM_EMP ON (DIM_EMP.EMP_CD = STG_B.E_CD)),

MEETING_NBR(SELECT MEETING_NBR FROM STG_B LEFT OUTER JOIN DIM_EMP ON (DIM_EMP.EMP_CD = STG_B.E_CD)),

MEETING_PURPOSE = (SELECT MEETING_PURPOSE FROM STG_B LEFT OUTER JOIN DIM_EMP ON (DIM_EMP.EMP_CD = STG_B.E_CD))

Labels (3)
4 Replies
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

Nandita1s
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks manodwhb for sharing the link. I have already gone through all the ELT related examples, however, none of them explain the ELT update approach. There is one example on ELTOracleOutput which talks about update but that's also limited in the sense that a query has not been shown on how the update takes place in the database. Looking for further help, especially for the query part.

phil974
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem ! Do you find a solution ?

phil974
Contributor
Contributor

it seems to be an old bug... https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=48109

Any news from Talend ?