Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edith1
Creator
Creator

tFTPConnection using as FTPS - getting error Can't create connection: Login failed

Does anyone know if there's a limitation to component tFTPConnection for username and password? I keep getting error "

Can't create connection: Login failed

" and now I'm thinking it could be the underscore for the username. I did connect fine using the same settings with a different username (user doesn't have an underscore). Or maybe it's a limitation to the password?

Any thoughts?

component setup as: FTPS, Connection Mode as Passive and Security Mode as Explicit.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Edith1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Xiaodi Shi​, thanks for the help. As I was about to setup FileZilla, we figured out the user account did not have permission for FTP Authentication. Ugh so sorry for this message. All is well now. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to open a connection and send/receive files by using FileZilla with your underscore username?

Best regards

Sabrina

Edith1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Xiaodi Shi​, thanks for the help. As I was about to setup FileZilla, we figured out the user account did not have permission for FTP Authentication. Ugh so sorry for this message. All is well now. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great it is working well now. Thanks for letting us know it.

Best regards

Sabrina