Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmd
Contributor
Contributor

tFTPFileList : how to know an entry is a directory

Hi,
I use a tFTPFileList to get files from a FTP server
But there is a subdirectory in the directory listed
=> this subdirectory is considered as a file and generates an error when the job tries to work with this folder as if it was a file
Do you know how to test the type of the element brought by the tFTPFile List ?
Thanks in advance
Labels (2)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jmd
I can't reproduce the problem on v5.2.0, if i uncheck the 'file details' option, it will only list the files, do not list directories. Please see my screenshots.
Shong
0683p000009MDff.png 0683p000009MDyz.png 0683p000009MDwo.png
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

But in your example, you don't have files WITHOUT EXTENSION
Try that
One other detail : the FTP server is on a Windows server
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
What's type of your file? It is possible for you email me an example file for testing?
Shong
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's a text file, no matter what's inside, but it doesn't have an extension
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a text file, no matter what's inside, but it doesn't have an extension

I also tested the files without extension, and it works. jmd, you are using Talend Enterprise product, can you please report a ticket on our support portal, our colleague from support team will assist you further, schedule a webex meeting and investigate the problem together if needed.
Shong
jmd
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,
I have different customers, someone use the enterprise product, and in this case, I wouldn't spend my time on the forum, I would have sent a case to the support
But for this problem, the customer use the open version, so I can't use the support ...
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that if i check "SFTP support" and check "File Details", TOS_DI 5.2.2(r99271) does not show the details of the file. I have used Shong's scheme:
tFTPFilelist ----> tJava
I have tried without SFTP support and it works normally.
Any help?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sabrina,

I am using Talend7.0.1, and it seems it doesn't matter whether "File detail" was selected or not, the tFTPFileList would only list the directories, not the files.

Is there a way to list the files or file paths? I need to list the file paths and then only select certain files to copy to local (using tFTPGet).

Really need help, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Moe,

What's type of your file? What does your file mask look like in your tFTPFileList?

Best regards

Sabrina