Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III

tFTPPut error when file name have special characters

Hi

I found the error

No match file exist

where in the file name I have special characters

An example below

0693p00000AZ0rCAAT.pngwhen i run the job I get this error

0693p00000AZ0rHAAT.pngbut the file exist in the folder

0693p00000AZ0s0AAD.pngI also tried other special characters in different combinations such as ( ) [ ] and have the same error.

Whitout this characters the job it works.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks, regards.

Alessandro

Labels (3)
7 Replies
vikramk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @none none​ ,

In Filemask you are giving filename along with path, instead try with only filename with extension and in remote directory you could give complete file path of your ftp location and local directory you have to give path of your local disk where you would want to store.

Please go through below use case for tFtpput component.

https://help.talend.com/reader/1qpw94GLcI7eEqEyklTChA/2YQpwCBBypFX0o4~EqrFWg

Would you mind marking as solution if it helps.

AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

There is no difference

0693p00000AZ0vTAAT.pngInstead if i change the name of file without special characters it works

0693p00000AZ0viAAD.png0693p00000AZ0t3AAD.png

vikramk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @none none​ ,

Would you mind trying it using tSystem component. It allows filenames with special characters as well. First test the code from command prompt as below. Once if it works you can implement the same using tSystem component in talend. Please go through below URL for cli code if you need.

#Code

ftp <ftpservername>

<password>

#listing files- ls

#then Put the file to ftp - put <filename.ext>

https://kb.globalscape.com/Knowledgebase/10407/Can-I-use-a-Windows-Command-Prompt-to-send-FTP-Commands-to-a-server

Please let me know if it helps.

AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Vikram Kumar​ 

by command line it works

0693p00000AZ2HuAAL.pngI tried to use the same command in tSystem component

0693p00000AZ2ZKAA1.pngbut it is not easy to set up the connection parameters. Il the screen I have set

[server ip]

[port] (I have tried both with and without this parameter

)

[user]

but the connection is not activated

0693p00000AZ2d2AAD.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

tFTPPut/tFtpGet component support Regex Expression, it will try to compile the file mask, So the special characters in the file name will cause an exception during Regex compile.

If use this file mask then you will have to add an operation before the tFTPPut to escape special character and comply with the tFTPPut.

Could you please try to add special escape characters or untick Perl regex option and use a file mask with wild card character (*) that matches the filename pattern in tFTPPut. 

Best regards

Sabrina

AlessandroCic
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello

I assumed that the problem depended on the management of the Regex Expressions but the component is insensitive to the flag cheked/uncheked (in my examples it is always unchecked).

For example if the flag is unchecked and my filename is "A (+) B.txt" I get this error

0693p00000AZAfBAAX.pngThe solution suggested from Sabrina, if I understood the method, it not works because the escape characters works only to a small set of characters.

I replaced my strig with:

"A\+B.txt"

and I have the error 0693p00000AZAhlAAH.pngI also tried to compose the file name with unicode characters

0693p00000AZAiPAAX.pngAnd then in the tFTPPUT component0693p00000AZAiUAAX.pngI also added the message display

0693p00000AZAieAAH.pngHowever the job does not work and no error message it is generated

0693p00000AZAijAAH.pngI think it is a bug of the tFTPPut component to be fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please create a jira issue on talend bug tracker?

Best regards

Sabrina