Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFTPPut is giving the following error: Exception in component tFTPPut_1 (job_name) 2: The message [/remote_directory/fileName_20180921.csv] is not extractable!

I have a simple job that

1. Gets data from our database turns it into a delimited file

2. Puts that file in a local directory

3. Takes the file in the local directory and sends it to an SFTP site using tFTPPut

However, in the tFTPPut component I'm getting the following error:

[statistics] connected
Exception in component tFTPPut_1 (job_name)
2: The message [/remote_directory/fileName_20180921.csv] is not extractable!
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2846)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._stat(ChannelSftp.java:2198)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._stat(ChannelSftp.java:2215)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.stat(ChannelSftp.java:2172)

So far I haven't been able to find a solution. Has anyone else had this problem? What causes it?

Labels (3)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For debugging purpose, could you please try to do the SFTP using Unix commands and see whether its working?

I also saw a similar issue in github. Could you please refer the SFTP configuration details and it may not be a Talend issue. 

https://github.com/paramiko/paramiko/issues/194

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi, thanks for replying.

I used the command prompt to send the file and didn't receive an error, however, I am unable to check if the file was actually posted to the SFTP since they have a process on their side that automatically ingests files place there. My SFTP connection is through a public key. I'm not sure if that makes a difference

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please cross verify with the team handling the target system whether the file has reached the target server when you posted the file through manual SFTP? Based on the results, we will take the next step.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey @nthampi,

It seems they are receiving the file. I'm guessing since they have a process on their side that automatically consumes the file Talend had no way to check that it was placed there.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@caelbu,can you check the user which you were using has all permissions to place file in remote directory? and also make sure that remote directory is present?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree @manodwhb.

The issue seems to be with user privileges. I hope you are trying with same user id which you are using to do manual FTP.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb,

Yes, the directory exists and the user has the correct permissions. I'm able to use Winscp and manually add the file. (To confirm that the file was received I have to reach out to them since the automatically process it and removes it from the SFTP)

When I run the job I'm still getting the same error saying the file is not extractable but I was able to get them to confirm that they are receiving the file. So it seems that the job does work.
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@caelbu,if the same file name are you trying to place in remote directory through talend ,remove the file,which is placed manually and execute the Talend Job.