Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbiJeev
Creator
Creator

tFileCopy not deleting source file

Hi I have a job, that is having waitfor file component , that waits for file with abc_*.txt ​pattern. When I have that file it's iterating to others components and will do some API calls based on filename . Actually it's a 0 byte file. Once done I will be moving the file from one folder to other .I have checked remove source file option. But am getting error like "the source file could not be removed from folder because it's open or you only have read-only rights." I tried adding tsleep also but nothing works out. Am using Talend Big data Platform 7.3.1 version

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbiJeev
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The issue is resolved Tas I was having permission issue the destination directory . Fixed that and now delete also working fine. THANK YOU

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Would you mind posting your job design screenshot here? We are supposing that your first operation has not been completed successfully.

Maybe you could close the file which was already opened before completing the execution of a job.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abirami Jeevaa​ , for testing, can you have a try to remove the file using tFileDelete instead of using 'remove the resource file' option on tFileCopy in next subjob, to check the user who launch studio has the right to delete the file.

Regards

Shong

AbiJeev
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The issue is resolved Tas I was having permission issue the destination directory . Fixed that and now delete also working fine. THANK YOU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great this issue is resolved. Thanks for posting your root cause on Community.

Best regards

Sabrina