Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileExist does work when using context Variable

I am using Talend ESB Opem Studio 7.1 running on MacOS Mojave.  I want to check if a file exists and fail the process if it isn't.

When I pass hardcoded filepath/name the component works as expected '

!((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS"))' returns FALSE. as the file definitely exists

however with same file name passed as Context variable in tFileExist, above expression returns FALSE.

Please help

See below job.

0683p000009M2Tc.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Moe Could you please advise whether the details helped to resolve your issue? If yes, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Warm Regards, Nikhil Thampi Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you print the value of your context variable to see whether the data in the context variable is right?

Also one another thing I would look is whether you are giving just file name or fully qualified file path. 

Could you please look these details and update if the error still persists?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to give the context.path+context.filename.
I am already using that component in the same way to trigger the next flow if file exist

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Moe Could you please advise whether the details helped to resolve your issue? If yes, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Warm Regards, Nikhil Thampi Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂