Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileFetch + Sharepoint: authorization failed

I'm unable to use the tFileFetch to download a file from Sharepoint 2010 library.
I've tried to use different environments (Windows 7 x64 with AD login, Windows 2008 x64 with AD login and Windows 2008 x86 with local login) to achieve the task. I've tried the TOS 5.6.2 and 6.0.0.

Error message in the console:
: org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor - ntlm authentication scheme selected
Exception in component tFileFetch_1
java.lang.Exception: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
    at em_esb.sharepoint_read_file_0_1.Sharepoint_read_file.tFileFetch_1Process(Sharepoint_read_file.java:345)
: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector - Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@portal:80
    at em_esb.sharepoint_read_file_0_1.Sharepoint_read_file.runJobInTOS(Sharepoint_read_file.java:667)
    at em_esb.sharepoint_read_file_0_1.Sharepoint_read_file.main(Sharepoint_read_file.java:524)
UPDATE: added missing screenshoot with the basic settings tab of used tFileFetch component.

ScreenShots:
0683p000009MBCy.png 0683p000009MB05.png 0683p000009MBD3.png
Labels (3)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have anybody successfully used the tFileFetch with NTLM authentication?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When posting initial question, I've uploaded wrong screenshot (screenshot of the "Basic settings" tab was missed). I've just corrected it - please see initial post.
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,
I can download a file from a Sharepoint with tHttpRequest
I've tried with tFileFetch but I didn't succeed
Download the file manually (save the request you sent). Copy the request into the tHttpRequest
My http request was really long , looks like "https://wired......./owssvr.dll?XMLDATA=1&List={99ACA314-FFFB-4256-A17A-3BFC5971824F}&View={6E33A57B-8930-49B6-8B49-310428F973B0}&RowLimit=0&RootFolder=%2fcommunities%2feu%2fluxembourgcentral%2fAdmin%2fLists%2fClient"
Get the request with your browser developper tool or wireshark
Then instead of using NTML Domain, tick Need authentication, your user name should be "DOMAIN_NAME\\USER_NAME"
Yes double \\

Or you can try to put  ntlmauth.dll into the bin folder of Java (I think its for Windows Authentificate for MSSQL but you can try...) 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jcs19, thanks a lot for your recipe! I'll try it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, I've just managed to download a file from the Sharepoint 2010 using the tHttpRequest - authentication is working.
Next question - how to upload a file to the Sharepoint using the tHttpRequest?
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Okay, I've just managed to download a file from the Sharepoint 2010 using the tHttpRequest - authentication is working.
Next question - how to upload a file to the Sharepoint using the tHttpRequest?

same as downloading, upload a file manually, get the request with its parameters and put it all in tHttpRequest (change parameter if needed)
abhi90
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Jcs19,
Can u please post your JobDesign? Or can u send me the Job? We are trying to download upload file to SharePoint Microsoft of Office365 for last 1month.
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Sorry, I don't have access to my job design anymore because I don't work
for the same company (this post is 2.5 years old)

All i can suggest you is to record the network with your browser while you
download the file and try to put the same parameters/cookies into
tHttpRequest

Or maybe someone made a custom component for sharepoint? i don't know

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I am trying to fetch the file from sharepoint using tHttpsRequest component but facing the below issue:

Can you please help me here?

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ERROR]: newone.testsharepoint_0_1.testsharepoint - tHttpRequest_1 - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target