Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martintin
Contributor III
Contributor III

tFileFetch "Random" HTTP 404 Error

Hello Talend Community,

I'm having a big issue and i don't know how to resolve it, so here i am !

I have Talend Job running every 5 min. What it does first, is that it downloads JSON files on a SFTP.

In those files, in the middle of all the informations we get, there is a URI to download a picture from an htpps address.

So what i do, is that i extract the URI and import it into a tfilefetch to get the picture.

But very often, the tfilefetch returns me an error HTTP 404 Not found.

Whereas, if i place the same file, with same link, the tfilefetch will work normally and download the picture.

For a matter of information, the JSON files on the SFTP are getting uploaded normally. It means that sometime, during 15 minutes there will be no file at all and the next 5 minutes there will be 15 files.

Using a try catch to avoid the error is not an option, i need this picture to go through the process.

So my problem is that for the same download URI, the tFileFetch is not 100% effective.

I need to know if it's a known issue for this component and it's something that happens to everyone when you process a lot of informations ?

Because if it's not, i'll start looking at the server where this job is running to see if it has connection problems or things like that.

Thank you in advance,

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you share a screenshot of job design? Before tFileFetch, check if there has files are downloaded from SFTP server or there has data extracted from file and use runIf to trigger tFileFetch.

Regards

Shong