Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruswaami
Contributor
Contributor

tFileInputExcel_2 Unable to recognize OLE stream jxl.read.biff.BiffException: Unable to recognize OLE stream .XLS files please help me to resolve this issue

jxl.read.biff.BiffException: Unable to recognize OLE stream

at jxl.read.biff.CompoundFile.<init>(CompoundFile.java:116) ~[jxl-6.0.0.jar:?]

at jxl.read.biff.File.<init>(File.java:127) ~[jxl-6.0.0.jar:?]

at jxl.Workbook.getWorkbook(Workbook.java:268) ~[jxl-6.0.0.jar:?]

at dataprocess_fs_metadata_test_0_1.DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.tFileInputExcel_2Process(DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.java:3117) [classes/:?]

at dataprocess_fs_metadata_test_0_1.DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.tLibraryLoad_4Process(DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.java:4132) [classes/:?]

at dataprocess_fs_metadata_test_0_1.DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.runJobInTOS(DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.java:5995) [classes/:?]

at dataprocess_fs_metadata_test_0_1.DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.main(DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test.java:4395) [classes/:?]

Exception in component tFileInputExcel_2 (DataProcess_FS_Metadata_Test)

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you are not selecting the "Read Excel 2007 File Format" option

0695b00000aEzgtAAC.png

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

Thats it. It would be a huge advantage if Talend could do the same as in my components: detecting the type of file simply by the file extension and use automatically the right API. It would so easy!

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

Talend use for the very out-dated OLE based Excel files an also out-dated excel library which is not maintained anymore.

I strongly recommend using the Apache POI library also for the OLE based files. In this case an automatic switch of the internal workbook type would be easy to implement.

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

If this issue is solved, PLEASE mark it as solved. This has the advantage we do not have to take care of it and others recognise a solution here!