Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileInputExcel ignoring values after 000

Hello all,
I have isolated this case to tFileInputExcel component that just refuses to read values after "000".
For example: the following value reads fine: 9.001
but the following 9.0001 reads in as 9
I have tried quiet a few things to get this to work without any luck.
I'm attaching the screenshots and a link to Talend job and sample excel file.
Feel free to download entire thing from here:
http://db.tt/p7LzArAu
I'm on Ubuntu 10.10 64 Bit.
I'm using TOS-All-r63143-V4.2.2
Labels (2)
14 Replies
nestoru
Contributor
Contributor

Talend team can you please advise if we should open a bug?
jkrfs
Creator
Creator

Bump
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Is there a solution to this issue yet?
I have a similar problem in TOS 5.2.1, with the 'Read real values for numbers' checked, but TOS seems to round up values if the forth digit after the decimal point is >= 5. That is 0.9995 and above is rounded up to 1.0, although i have the length set to 12 and precision set to 6.
I have tried using float (which is really what i want), bigDecimal and double - but same issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The JXL library is not the best. I recommend using Apache POI. This library is bullet proof and work well with both: xls and xlsx.
In the component suite tFileExcelWorkbookOpen, tFileExcelSheetInput and some more, the latest Apache POI library is used. Both components are available in Talend Exchange. I suggest trying them.
By the way, reading numbers should not depend on a display format, the mentioned components read the real value and does not use the formatting pattern for reading - if you use in your schema a Double or BigDecimal.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I submitted a bug report for this issue. I'm apparently not able to post links here, but the issue number is TDI-31901.