Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBuongiovanni
Contributor II
Contributor II

tFileOutputExcel doesn't work in "Append" mode when I previously create the file with tFileCopy

Hi all,

I post a strange issue that I am experiencing with a Talend job, when I try to write data to an Excel file previously created.

Referencing to the picture below, I create an Excel file from a template using a "tFileCopy" component (block "create_file_from_template" in the picture below). I need to do this because I have an Excel file with two header lines, with the cells of the appropriate color.

069U1000002FJUEIA4.png

The creation of the Excel file always run without problems.

Alfter the file is successfully created a custom SQL function is called (the block "advance_task" in the picture above).

The sub-job in yellow color is the block that sometimes creates problems. I read data from a PostgreSQL database using a "tDBInput" component. After this component I put a "tMap" component but it could be the same without it. The data are written into the Excel file previously created. The settings are very simple, as you can see in the picture below:

069U1000002FONRIA4.png

The strange thing is that the problem occurs sometimes, while other times the job runs without problems.

When the data are not written to the Excel file, the job does not progress and remains at the yellow block, without producing errors. There are no errors at system level either.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried everything but I still haven't figured out the cause of the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Piergiorgio

Labels (2)
11 Replies
PBuongiovanni
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Exactly. I expected an error from the job.

On the contrary the work ends silently, without reporting anything and without carrying out the subsequent steps.

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

An out of memory error is a tricky thing. We never can be sure who is responsible. Could you please check the database settings of the tDBInput component for Cursor size larger than 0 (actually it is the fetch size, Talend choose the wrong label). In case of MySQL the streaming mode must be set in advanced settings. The problem is, a lot of JDBC drivers keep the records in memory before deliver them. This leads to a huge amount of memory usage.