Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mauerwegrunner
Contributor III
Contributor III

tFilterRow AND operator

Hello,

the job processes 4 rows of data:

0695b00000QFj7aAAD.png

Now with activated filter surname not null AND familyname not null I expect the row with bot null values being filteres out:

0695b00000QFj7kAAD.png

However this results emerges:

0695b00000QFj8JAAT.png

Why is surname TOM and familyname Kreuzberg is filtered out?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gjeremy1617088143

so use OR condition if you want  TOM and familyname Kreuzberg

View solution in original post

6 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi, as a workaround , you can negate the two conditions like: equal to null and use the reject row, it will works

Send me love and kudos

mauerwegrunner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi gieremy...,

thanks for your swift answer. The solution works. However, what I need to understand is, why the AND operator does not combine the two filters. My understanding is: only rows with surname and familyname == null should be filtered out. Tom and Kreuzberg should remain in resultset. Maybe I am projecting SQL logic on this condition?

Nehls16450
Contributor
Contributor

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution Same issue still no fix to this.

gjeremy1617088143

this is what i found in the help center:

Select a logical operator to combine simple conditions and to combine the filter results of both modes if any advanced conditions are defined.

And: returns the boolean value of true if all conditions are true; otherwise false. For each two conditions combined using a logical AND, the second condition is evaluated only if the first condition is evaluated to be true.

Or: returns the boolean value of true if any condition is true; otherwise false. For each two conditions combined using a logical OR, the second condition is evaluated only if the first condition is evaluated to be false.

gjeremy1617088143

so use OR condition if you want  TOM and familyname Kreuzberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You could also use the Advanced mode of tFilterRow and have your java code filter out the NULL records.

Best regards

Sabrina