Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leli
Contributor
Contributor

tFtpGET fetches the file which is still being uploaded

Hi, I have an issue with this component. It fetches the file from SFTP which is still being uploaded. Is it possible to check first if the file on SFTP is completly uploaded before tFtpGet try to fetch it?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible to use the tFTPFileList component to list it and checkout the file detail option to list the details of each file/folder?

The informative details include the file/folder permissions, the name of the author, the name of the group of users that have read/write permissions, the file size, and the last modification date.

Best regards

Sabrina

Leli
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Sabrina for your answer. I used tFTPFileList and then tSFTPFileProperties to read mtime of the file and then Run if trigger toward tFTPGet which will get only files older than 5 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

According to your use case, how do you upload your file into SFTP server? Are you using tFTPPut component? Any flag will be marked when the upload is done completely?

Best regards

Sabrina

Leli
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, some other external systems upload files to SFTP and I use Talend only to fetch files from SFTP and process them after. So I don't have control over uploading. It seems that SFTP allows downloading before files are entirely uploaded and therefor I have to check somehow in Talend if upload is complet or not.

BR,

Jelena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As far as I know, there is no a specific component to check the status of uploading file on FTP/SFTP server in talend.

I will make an investigation on this issue to see if there is any workaround and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina