Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rekha1
Contributor III
Contributor III

tGPGDecrypt error - Cannot run program. The requested operation requires elevation

I am incorporating decrypt component in our Talend job which gets a file from FTP server and loads to the DB.

In the tGPGDecrypt component, for GPG binary path, I gave the executable of the program we are using. 

I am running into an error saying : Cannot run program "C:/GPG/pub/gpg4win-3.1.16.exe": CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation

I tried giving full control to the user on the exe file and also on the GPG folder. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rekha1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you. The issue is resolved. I got the local admin rights on my machine and it worked. Thank you for the reply.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Usually, the message "Error 740: The requested operation requires elevation" indicates that program has been configured to Run as administrator. Right click gpg4win-3.1.16.exe and open the properties dialog, try to uncheck the 'Run this program as an administrator box.

Regards

Shong

Rekha1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. It is already unchecked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I just made a simple testing and I can't reproduce the issue with studio v7.3.1 on Windows 10, below is the component settings.

0695b00000JMV7cAAH.pngI still guess it is a permission issue on your side. Maybe try to install GPG on another disk (instead of C: disk)

Regards

Shong

Rekha1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you. The issue is resolved. I got the local admin rights on my machine and it worked. Thank you for the reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your feedback!